Bluffton police seek suspects in 5 armed robberies
The Bluffton Police Department is asking for the public's help in identifying those responsible for five armed robberies, according to a release.
Police say those robberies occurred between Dec. 27, 2018 and Jan. 6, 2019 at La Mexicana on Simmonsville Road, El Super International on Sherrington Drive and Don Chanitos on Sable Drive.
Victims told police that they were sitting or getting out of their cars in the parking lots of the businesses when a male approached them pointing a gun and demanding money and their phone.
Surveillance video from the robberies show the vehicle driven by the suspects.
If you have information about the vehicle, have been a victim of a crime like this recently or know who committed these crimes, you are urged to call Detective Adam Thompson at 843-706-4540 or the Bluffton Police Department Investigations Tip Line at 843-706-4560.
Additionally, you can call the Bluffton Police Hispanic Hotline at 843-706-7806 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-888-CRIME-SC (274-6372) and leave an anonymous tip.
Bluffton police provided the following safety tips to avoid being a victim in a parking lot:
- Avoid sitting in your parked vehicle for a long period of time.
- Avoid dark parking lots or alley ways, especially if you are alone.
- Pay attention to your surroundings when exiting and entering your vehicle.
- Don’t approach anyone that appears to be out of place.
- If you witness a crime, and the suspect leaves in a vehicle, try to remember the tag #.
- If you see anything suspicious, call 911.