More road closures in downtown Savannah starting Sunday for movie filming
More roads will be closed starting on Sunday for movie filming in downtown Savannah.
In Johnson Square, some roads will be closed completely September 16-18 (Sunday-Tuesday) from 7 p.m. to 7 p.m., others will be closed intermittently for 2-3 minutes at a time.
- Bryan Street between Whitaker and Drayton streets will be CLOSED
- Northbound Bull Street will be CLOSED between Bryan and Congress streets
- Southbound Bull Street will be CLOSED between Bryan and Bay streets
- Intermittent road closures will occur on Bay Lane, St. Julian Street, Congress Street, Whitaker Street, Bull Street and Drayton Street in the area around Johnson Square. These closures will not effect Bay Street or Broughton Street traffic.
The Abercorn Ramp will be CLOSED from Bay Street to Lower Factors Walk from September 16-19 (Sunday-Wednesday) all day and night. Intermittent closures will occur on Drayton Ramp from Bay Street to River Street. Pedestrian traffic will be impacted intermittently on Drayton Ramp, Abercorn Ramp, Upper and Lower Factors Walk, and the Bay Street sidewalk.
East 31st Street between Abercorn Street and Lincoln Street will REMAIN closed through Friday, September 14 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Other roads in that immediate area will be closed intermittently through Friday for 2-3 minutes at time:
- Northbound of Lincoln Street after 32nd Street intersection.
- Northbound/Southbound of Habersham Street at East 31st Street intersection.
- Northbound/Southbound of Abercorn Street at East 31st Street intersection.
All residents and businesses in the area were notified by letter in early August and again earlier this month about the closures.